3 Ingredient Tropical Mousse
A delicious, creamy, dreamy mousse dessert with a tropical twist that is sure to impress.
- 1 can (400ml) of full fat coconut milk
- 200g white chocolate
- 250ml V-Fusion Passion Fruit, Mango and Carrot Juice
- Place the can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight, or the freezer for 1-2 hours. This will enable the cream to fully separate from the water.
- When you are ready to prepare the mousse, the first step is to melt the white chocolate. Boil a small amount of water in a large saucepan. Either rest a glass bowl on top, or hold a smaller saucepan over the water, making sure it does not touch the water. The steam will provide enough heat to gently melt the chocolate. Stir frequently with a spatula to ensure it melts evenly. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Open the chilled can of coconut milk. You will find that the cream is at the top, and is very firm. Scoop it all out, leaving the water behind (TIP: You can keep the water to use in a smoothie).
- With a hand or stand mixer, beat the coconut cream until smooth and whipped. Leave the mixer running and add the V8 juice in a slow stream. Beat until the mixture is frothy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, slowly fold in the melted white chocolate, and continue to mix on a high setting for a final couple of minutes to get it as fluffy as possible.
- Pour the mixture into moulds and set in the refrigerator overnight.