Butternut & Goats Cheese Tart with Beetroot & Raspberry Chia Jam
This rustic and filling tart is the perfect winter warmer, complemented beautifully by a sweet and intense chia and berry jam.
- 240ml V8 V-Fusion Raspberry & Beetroot Juice
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (depending on how sweet you want the jam to be)
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- Handful of fresh or frozen whole cranberries
- 1 ready rolled short crust pastry block
- 500g butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 60g goats cheese
- Prepare the chia jam by mixing the juice, maple syrup seeds and whole cranberries in a small bowl. Allow to set in the fridge overnight – the chia seeds will thicken the juice and create a jelly-like texture.
- When it’s time to make the tart, pre-heat the oven to 180C in a fan assisted oven/ 200C electric oven/ gas mark 6.
- Brush the squash with oil and roast for 25 minutes until softened. (You don’t need it to be completely cooked, because it will cook a little more once the tart goes in the oven).
- After removing the squash, leave the oven on; everything will bake at the same temperature.
- Roll out the pastry into a tart or flan dish and pre-bake for 10 minutes.
- Assemble the tart by placing overlapping layers of squash and goats cheese over the pastry bottom, and spoon dollops of the chia jam throughout.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is crisp and the goats cheese is starting to brown.