Chicago-Style Bloody Mary
Envoking the flavours of a Chicago-style hotdog, this Windy City inspired Bloody Mary is a delightful taste of America. Best finished with a suitably over-the-top garnish.
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 wedge lemon
- 2 gherkins, sliced lengthwise
- 340ml V8® Original vegetable juice - chilled
- 100ml vodka
- 1 1/2 tsp American-style yellow mustard
- 1 tsp juice from the gherkin jar
- 1 tsp finely grated sweet onion (or red onion)
- Garnishes to taste
- Stir the poppy seeds and a pinch of the celery salt on a flat plate.
- Rub lemon wedge around the rims of two glasses to cover in juice. Dip the rims of the glasses into the poppy seed mixture to coat.
- Place the gherkin slices into the glasses and fill with ice.
- Stir the vegetable juice, vodka, mustard, pickle juice, onion and remaining celery salt in a cocktail mixer or jug. Season to taste.
- Pour the vegetable juice mixture into the glasses. To go full Chicago style, garnish your Bloody Marys with skewers of Chicago-style favourites, such as cherry tomatoes, pickled jalapenos, gherkins, grilled chorizo and/or cocktail onions.