Greek Flavoured Beef Stew
If you love eating food inspired by different countries then try this delicious Greek Flavoured Beef Stew! Bay leaf, cinnamon and cloves create the taste of Greece within this hearty stew.
- 900g boneless beef rump
- 450g frozen small white whole onions
- 450g fresh or frozen baby carrots
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 beef flavoured stock cube (dissolved in water)
- 1.5L V8 Original vegetable juice
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 760g medium egg noodles, cooked
- 1 bouquet garni wrapped in cheese cloth
- 1 cheese cloth
- ½ tsp whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- •Bay leaf
- In a slow cooker, add the beef, onions and carrots. Toss in flour to coat.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the stock, V8 Original juice and brown sugar and mix until the mixture is smooth. Pour this into the slow cooker and add the bouquet garni.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours, or until the beef is tender. Remove the bouquet garni and serve over noodles.