Italian-Style Rice & Vegetables
A low fat and colourful vegetarian rice dish that's healthy, light and extremely flavourful.
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 200g uncooked white rice
- 950ml V8® Original Vegetable Juice
- 1 tsp. crushed dried basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 300g frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, green beans, corn, peas)
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch frying pan over medium heat. Add the rice and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Stir the vegetable juice, basil and garlic powder in the frying pan and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the vegetables. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the rice and vegetables are tender.