King Prawn Orzo Risotto with Parmesan & Lemon
A mouth-watering, creamy orzo pasta topped with succulent king prawns cooked in V8 Original juice.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 285g (1 ½) cups dried orzo pasta
- 360ml (1+½ cups) hot vegetable or chicken stock
- 360ml (1+½ cups) V8 Original Juice
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 160g (approx. 20-25) king prawns. These can be ready-cooked, or raw, deveined prawns.
- 60ml (¼ cup) double cream
- 1/3 cup (35g) grated Parmesan
- Juice of half a lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Black pepper
- Small bunch of chives, chopped finely
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat. Add in the onion and cook for 5 minutes – until softened. Stir in the garlic and then add in the orzo, stirring to coat in the oil.
- Pour in the stock, V8 Original and tomato puree. Bring to a gentle simmer and continue to cook (stirring often to prevent sticking) for 10-12 minutes.
- At this point, most of the liquid should have been absorbed and the orzo should be al-dente. Add the king prawns, and heat through for 2 minutes – until the prawns are cooked through. Stir in the cream, half of the parmesan and the lemon juice. Cook for a further minute, then turn off the heat.
- Serve topped with the remaining parmesan, lemon zest, freshly ground black pepper and chives.