Mini Berry & Beetroot Christmas Trifles
Raspberry and beetroot jelly, filled with sponge and raspberries, topped with a chocolate custard and Raspberry and Beetroot infused whipped cream.
- 625 ml V8 V-Fusion Raspberry and Beetroot
- 1 package of gelatine (approx 7 grams)
- 3-4 trifle sponges, broken into cubes
- 24 raspberries
- 500 ml chocolate custard, ready-made
- 300 ml whipping cream
- Chocolate to garnish
- Place 125ml of the V-Fusion juice in a saucepan and sprinkle on the gelatine. Allow this to sit for 5 minutes.
- Place the trifle sponges at the bottom of the trifle dishes and add 5 raspberries to each.
- Place the saucepan with the gelatine/juice mix over a medium heat and allow the gelatine to melt.
- Remove from the heat and add 325 ml of the juice to the saucepan and stir through.
- Pour equal amounts of the mix into each glass, over the sponges and raspberries.
- Place in the refrigerator to set, at least 2 hours.
- Make the custard mix as instructed on the packet and allow to cool.
- Once the jelly is set, divided the custard mix equally between each glass and smooth over with the back of a spoon.
- Place back into the fridge to chill.
- Take the remaining 125 ml of juice and place into a clean saucepan and simmer over medium heat until reduced by half the amount. Allow to cool.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Pour in the reduced, cooled juice and beat again until the cream holds stiff peaks.
- Spoon the cream over the chilled custard in each trifle glass.
- Garnish with grated chocolate and a raspberry on each glass.