Oven Baked Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots
An ample meaty dish that's perfect for a family meal, with plenty of veggie goodness. A delicious family recipe brought to us by Lauren at realmomkitchen.com
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 65g flour
- 1.4kg beef roasting joint (chuck, rump, etc.)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 800ml beef stock
- 250ml V8 Original juice
- 1 tbsp (heaped) brown sugar
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar (red wine, balsamic, or cider)
- 8-10 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces (like steak chips)
- 500g baby carrots
- chopped fresh parsley, optional
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees (gas mark 3)
2. In a roasting pan, over medium high heat, preheat oil.
3. Coat pot roast with flour and season with salt and pepper.
4. Brown pot roast on all sides.
5. Add garlic and onions to pan when pot roast is almost finished; stirring vegetables to keep them from browning.
6. Pour in beef stock, V8 Original juice, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and vinegar.
7. Cover tightly with foil and bake for two hours, uncover and add potatoes and carrots and bake for a further hour.