Passion Fruit, Mango and Carrot Juice Cake
A moist and dense cake bursting with juicy flavour, lightly dusted with icing sugar to finish.
- 450g granulated sugar
- 110g softened butter
- 2 medium sized eggs
- 400g plain flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 500 ml V-Fusion Passion Fruit, Mango and Carrot Juice
- Icing sugar to dust
- Line a 9”x13” baking tin with greaseproof paper and preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and softened butter until pale and light.
- Add the eggs one at a time, stirring in fully between each addition.
- Add one third of the flour mix and stir this into the sugar/butter/egg mix.
- Add half of the juice and stir this in.
- Repeat with the flour mix, remaining juice and finish with the last third of flour.
- Pour the cake batter into prepared baking tin and hit the tin off the worktop a couple of times to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost clean from the centre of the cake.
- Allow to cool in the tin before dusting with icing sugar.
- Cut into squares to serve.