Raspberry & Beetroot Jelly with Spiced Panna Cotta
A layer of lightly spiced, creamy Panna Cotta topped with a home- made Raspberry & Beetroot Jelly. A recipe from recipe developer and food blogger Annie of Annie's Noms
- 480ml V-Fusion Raspberry and Beetroot Juice
- 100g caster sugar
- 7 gelatine leaves
- 240ml milk
- 240ml double cream
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8tsp ground allspice
To make the Panna Cotta:
- Place 2.5 gelatine leaves into a small bowl and cover in cold water. Leave to soak.
- Place milk, cream, vanilla, allspice and 50g sugar into a medium sized saucepan and place over a low-medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally (do NOT boil). Once simmering, remove from the heat.
- Squeeze water out of the gelatine leaves, then tear into small pieces and add into the cream mixture, mixing slowly as you add in the gelatine.
- Stir until the gelatine has dissolved and then divide the mixture between 4 individual dessert glasses.
- Leave to cool for at least 30 minutes before placing in the fridge to set completely (about 2hrs to be safe).
To make the jelly (once the panna cotta has set):
- Place your remaining gelatine leaves into a small bowl and cover with cold water. Leave to soak.
- Place Raspberry and Beetroot juice and remaining sugar into a medium sized saucepan and place over a low-medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil for 3-5 minutes, the mixture will reduce ever so slightly.
- Remove from heat, squeeze water out of your gelatine leaves, then tear into small pieces, adding to the juice mix, whilst stirring until the gelatine dissolves.
- Leave to cool completely, then divide between your 4 dessert bowls, pouring slowly over your panna cotta so as not to pierce it and mess up your layers!
- Place in the fridge for around 2 hours or until completely set.
- Serve with fresh raspberries or cream.
- Panna Cottas will keep in the fridge, covered, for 2 days.
This delicious and exciting recipe was created on behalf of V8 by Annie of Annie’s Noms. Annie is extremely talented, with a gift for designing delightfully creative baking and desserts that anyone can duplicate at home.