Slow and Easy Stew
Leave this stew to absorb its flavour all day, so that it’s ready for your dinner that evening!
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 680g beef, cubed
- 680g frozen vegetables (preferably including carrots, onion, potatoes and celery)
- 1 beef or chicken flavour stock cube
- 350ml V8 Original
- 1 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp dried, crushed basil
- ½ tsp dried, crushed oregano
- ½ tsp dried, crushed thyme
- ½ tsp dried, crushed rosemary
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan and add the beef. Cook over a medium to high heat until well browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the beef, vegetables and stock cube to a slow cooker. In a separate bowl, mix in the V8 Original juice, herbs and salt before pouring in the slow cooker.
- Cover the ingredients and cook on low for 10 or 11 hours, until the beef is soft and tender. Serve piping hot.