Sticky Raspberry Beetroot Halloumi Fingers
Sweet meets salty in these addictive sticky halloumi fingers. Prepared in under 10 minutes.
- 100ml V8 Fusion Raspberry and Beetroot juice
- ⅛ tsp honey
- ½ tsp + 1 heaped tbsp cornflour
- 250g block of halloumi
- Vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together the juice, ½ tsp of cornflour and the honey.
- Slice your halloumi into long fingers (a 250g block will make 8 thicker fingers as pictured, or 16 thin ones).
- Scatter 1 tbsp of cornflour onto a chopping board. Roll the halloumi fingers on it to give them a light coating. (As halloumi is typically packaged in water, they should be moist enough for the cornflour to stick easily, but if not, dip them in milk and try again.)
- Coat a large nonstick frying pan with vegetable oil and heat to a high temperature. Drop in the halloumi fingers and cook until browned on all sides, approximately 5 minutes. Flip frequently to ensure they are cooked evenly and don’t stick to the pan.
- Once the halloumi is cooked, reduce the heat and slowly pour in the juice/cornflour/honey mixture. It will bubble and thicken to create a sticky glaze over the halloumi.
- Once the liquid has reduced and each of the halloumi fingers are well coated, remove from the pan and serve.