Vegetable Juice Turkey Baste & Gravy
Roast your turkey in a delicious, fruity baste made from V8 Original, for a succulent finish and enhanced flavour.
- 100ml V8 Original vegetable juice
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- Add all the ingredients to a saucepan and simmer gently until the butter has melted and has mixed well with the juice. Remove from the heat and pour the baste over the raw turkey.
- Whilst the turkey is cooking, remove from the oven approximately every 30 minutes and baste the turkey with the liquid at the bottom of the pan.
- When the turkey has cooked, pour the liquid from the pan into a bowl.
- Strain it through a sieve to remove to remove any small bits of turkey and then transfer it to a saucepan.
- Allow it to cool and skim any fat off the top of the liquid.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of chicken or turkey gravy granules and simmer gently until the gravy thickens. Serve immediately.