Sautéed vegetables make a delicious side dish to a variety of meals, or they can be enjoyed on their own with some fluffy rice!
- 1 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 large green or red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- ½ tsp garlic powder or 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 250ml V8 Original
- 2 medium courgettes, or yellow squash, cut into chunks
- ½ tsp crushed dried basil
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the pepper, onion and garlic and cook until the vegetables are tender but crisping on the outside.
- Mix the vegetable juice, courgette, basil and black pepper in the pan and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables are cooked through before serving whilst hot.