Balthazar Bloody Mary
Possibly London's best Bloody Mary, this sophisticated cocktail recipe comes from the expert mixologists over at London's Balthazar restaurant.
- 50ml of your favourite vodka
- 210ml V8® Original vegetable juice
- 40ml pasatta
- 2 lemon wedges
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp green Tabasco
- 1/2 tsp of celery seeds
- 1 heaped tbsp of fresh grated horseradish
- Add the lemon and limes wedges to a cocktail shaker. Muddle to release the juice and oils.
- Add the celery seeds by crushing in your finger tips to the shaker.
- Next add the Worcestershire, green Tabasco and grated fresh horseradish. Add less for a more mild Bloody Mary.
- Top with ice and the vodka. Leave out the vodka to make a Bloody Shame.
- Add V8® juice and pasatta.
- Shake lightly to chill and blend.
- Strain into a chilled highball glass and serve with your preferred garnish (try celery, olives, jalapenos or cooked streaky bacon).