Beef and Vegetable Stew
If you’re looking for something warming on a cold, grey day then look no further than this steaming bowl of beef and vegetable stew!
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 340g boneless beef sirloin steak, cubed
- 700ml V8 Original vegetable juice
- 1 beef flavoured stock cube (dissolved in 1 pint of water)
- ½ tsp dried, crushed thyme
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 medium potato, cubed
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan. Add the beef and cook until well browned, stirring frequently to avoid sticking. Drain off any fat.
- Add in the V8 Original juice, stock, thyme, pepper, potato, carrot, onion and celery and bring to the boil. Then, reduce the heat, cover and allow to cook for 30 minutes, or until the meat and vegetables are soft and tender. Serve immediately.