Deconstructed Stuffed Peppers
Do you love stuffed peppers but hate the hassle? Why not deconstruct and save time! It might not be as presentable, but it’s just as delicious – we promise.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 225g turkey mince
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ tsp dried basil leaves, crushed
- 520ml V8® Original
- 110g uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 medium green pepper, chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the turkey mince, onion and basil leaves. Stir consistently to separate the mincemeat and continue until the turkey is browned. Pour away any excess fat.
- Next, add the V8 Original and the white rice and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a low setting, cover and cook for a further 10 minutes. Finally, stir in the peppers and cook for an additional 10 minutes until the rice is cooked and the liquid has completely absorbed.