Hazelnut & Cranberry Stuffing Balls
Full of festive flavours with a heavenly crunchy texture, these vegetarian stuffing balls are the perfect trimming for Christmas dinner.
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 150g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 75 dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 egg yolk
- 75ml V8 Original vegetable juice
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6 conventional oven.
- Boil the parsnips for 7-9 minutes until tender, then drain off the water, return to the pan and mash until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, then add the mashed parsnip and mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Take a heaped tablespoon of the mixture, roll into a ball (roughly the size of a golf ball), and place on an oiled baking tray. Repeat until all the mixture has been used up. Spray or brush the balls with a little oil.
- Bake the stuffing balls for 15 minutes or until golden brown.