Leftover Turkey, Bacon and Tomato Pasta Bake
A rich and creamy pasta dish using leftover turkey and bacon for a hearty Boxing Day feast.
- 280g pasta shapes such as fusilli
- 1 tbsp oil
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- 1 onion, peeled and chipped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 400ml V8 Original Juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 75ml double cream
- 100g cooked turkey, chopped
- Large pinch of salt and pepper
- 100g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 100g cheddar
- Small handful of fresh parsley, roughly torn
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Cook the pasta for 2 minutes less than indicated on the pack instructions. Drain and put to one side.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan on a high heat and fry the bacon until crispy. Remove from the pan and chop into small pieces.
- Add the chopped onion to the pan (there should still be oil in there after cooking the bacon) and cook on a low-medium heat for 5 minutes until the onion softens, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and chopped peppers and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the thyme, crumbled stock cube, V8 Original and sugar and bring to a gentle bubble. Simmer for 5 minutes, then add in the cream, cooked turkey, cooked pasta, bacon, salt and pepper.
- Stir everything together the transfer to a 9”x13” baking dish. Sprinkle on the mozzarella and cheddar and place in the oven for 30 minutes – until the cheese is golden.
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.