Manhattan Dirty Mary Martini
A lively combination inspired by the brash boldness of New York City's borough of Manhattan. Big flavour but with a cool sophistication sure to wow party guests.
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp onion salt
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 200ml V8® Original vegetable juice - chilled
- 100ml vodka
- 2 tsp dry vermouth
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 splash hot chilli sauce
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 4 - 8 jarred pimento stuffed olives
- 3 tbsp liquid from pimento-stuffed olives jar
- Stir the onion salt, sesame seeds, poppy seeds and black pepper on a plate.
- Cut a wedge from the lemon and rub around the rims of two martini glasses to cover in juice. Then dip the rims into the onion salt mixture to coat.
- Add the V8®, vodka, vermouth, Worcestershire sauce, chilli sauce, celery salt, olive liquid and remaining lemon juice to a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake to chill.
- Strain the mixture into the prepared martini glasses and garnish with pimento-stuffed olive and/or slices of lemon.