Pot-Roast Beef and Vegetables
Indulge in a heavenly roast with vibrant vegetables and smothered in a rich tomato sauce.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1.8kg boneless bottom round beef roasts
- 475ml V8® Original Vegetable Juice
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder or 1 small clove garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 medium potatoes cut into quarters
- 6 medium carrots cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until it’s well browned on all sides. Drain any excess fat.
- Stir 415ml V8 Juice, garlic powder and black pepper in the saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and onions. Cover and cook for a further 45 minutes or until the beef is tender.
- Remove the pot-roast beef and vegetables to a platter.
- Stir the flour and remaining vegetable juice in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth. Add to a small saucepan & stir. Increase the heat to medium-high then cook & stir until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Serve with the beef and vegetables.