Easy Turkey and Vegetable Rice
This delightfully simple dish is perfect for anyone looking to cook delicious food on a budget.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 225g minced turkey
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp crushed dried basil leaves
- 475ml V8® Original Vegetable Juice
- 100g uncooked white rice
- 2 medium green peppers cut into 1-inch pieces
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch frying pan over medium heat. Add the turkey, onion and basil and cook until the turkey is browned, stirring often to separate the meat. Drain any fat away.
- Add and stir the V8 juice and rice in the frying pan and heat until boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add in and stir the peppers. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.