Hearty Vegetarian Chilli
This superhealthy vegetarian chilli is a spicy treat that can be whipped up in no time.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 chopped onion large
- 1 small chopped green pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 600ml V8® Original Vegetable Juice
- 1 can (about 400g) rinsed and drained canned black beans
- 1 can (about 400g) rinsed and drained canned pinto beans
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder and cumin and cook until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the vegetable juice in the saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling.