Zesty Chilli Rice
Say goodbye to plain rice – say hello to delicious zesty chilli rice! The ideal side dish to liven things up.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 780ml V8 Original
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 225g uncooked long grain white rice
- 50g grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Chilli sauce of your choice
- Add the oil to a saucepan and fry the pepper and the onion until they are cooked through.
- Next, stir in the V8 Original, garlic powder and rice into your saucepan and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down to low and then cover and cook for a further 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked and has absorbed all the liquid. Finally, stir in the Monterey Jack cheese and add your favourite chilli sauce to flavour.