Mexican Chicken with Rice & Beans
Enjoy the taste of Mexico with this simple, warming dish that's as nutritious as it is tasty!
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 600g skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 200g uncooked white rice
- 950ml V8® Original Vegetable Juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 can (400g) rinsed and drained canned black beans
- 60g grated Cheddar cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a 10-inch frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until it’s browned on both sides. Remove from the frying pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining oil. Add the rice and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Introduce the V8 Juice, cumin and chilli powder then heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low then cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir the beans in the frying pan & reintroduce the chicken. Sprinkle the chicken with cheese.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.